Student anxiety can really impact their learning. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Psychopharmacological interventions are sometimes recommended when anxiety fiercely gets in the way of doing day to day activities. Consult an expert if this applies to your child. Below is a list of tools and worksheets to help address issues related to anxiety.
- Anxiety and Me
- Anxiety and Me Instructions
- Anxiety says…I say…
- Challenging my Anxiety
- Evidence for and Against
- Exposure Tracker
- Fear Thermometer
- Hassle or Horror
- How to Explain Selective Mutism to a Classroom of Children
- Exposure Ladder
- My Team
- Name or Draw my Worry Bully
- Now or Later
- Rewarding Bravery
- Scaredy Cat Rater
- School Tips for Teachers of Children with Selective Mutism
- Talking to Friends and Family about Selective Mutism
- Time Capsule
- Weekly Bravery Chart
Web-based Resources (International)
• Psychoeducational material and handouts for parents, teachers, and family and
friends of children with SM (search ‘selective mutism’ for all information on the
• Website -‐ www.anxietybc.com
• Children’s section -‐ http://www.anxietybc.com/parenting/parent-‐child
• Short 11 min. video on understanding and managing Selective Mutism.
• Lecture on Selective Mutism given by Dr. Annie Simpson
Dr. Steven Kurtz’s
• A treatment provider in New York. Check his website for a selective mutism e-‐
learning website (coming soon).
• Website https://kurtzpsychologyconsulting.wordpress.com
Child Mind Institute
• Website -‐ http://www.childmind.org/
• A treatment centre in New York that also provides webinars on various aspects
of selective mutism treatment (search ‘selective mutism’ and look for events)
Selective Mutism Group
• Website -‐ http://www.selectivemutism.org
• Provides information, resources, and support to those impacted by selective
Struggling with anxiety? Tired of missing out? There are things you can do to stop anxiety and fear from controlling your life. MindShift™ is an app designed to help teens and young adults cope with anxiety. It can help you change how you think about anxiety. Rather than trying to avoid anxiety, you can make an important shift and face it.
MindShift™ will help you learn how to relax, develop more helpful ways of thinking, and identify active steps that will help you take charge of your anxiety. This app includes strategies to deal with everyday anxiety, as well as specific tools to tackle:
- Making Sleep Count
- Riding Out Intense Emotions
- Test Anxiety
- Social Anxiety
- Performance Anxiety
Think of MindShift™ as your portable coach helping you face challenging situations and take charge of your life.
If you are a MindShift user, please consider making a donation to help us maintain and continue to offer the app for free.