I feel that now more then ever a balance needs to be set for students in building their own sense of well being in times of adversity. Many students are aware of their deficits and often times lose sight of the greater goals of retaining a balanced view of themselves over the perceived expectations and judgments teachers and parents may project on to their young learners. As a parent and educator, I am guilty of this as well. In an effort to bring more positivity to those I encounter, I wrote this post to help myself and others better cultivate positive mindset ideas and practices. In some circles, they say to start with a “beginners mind”. I take this as staying curious and not judging ones own learning curve taking knowledge as it comes and being gentle with yourself throughout the learning process.
9 P’s for Affirmation Creation
When creating positive affirmations,
keep in mind that they should be:
PRESENT Set in the present tense POSITIVE No negative words PERSONAL Tailored to you PRECISE Detailed and specific POWERFUL Empowering words PUNCHY Short and concise PLAUSIBLE Realistic statements PRIVATE Can keep to yourself daily PERSISTENT Use even if not true yet
Adapted from Works by Che Garman
Positive Affirmations for Students
- Today and Everyday My Thirst For Learning is Alive And Well in Me
- I Am a Great Student And Getting Better Each And Every Day
- I Am Prepared For My Tests, I Love Taking Tests, Tests Are a Breeze For Me
- Today I Study Hard So Tomorrow I Can Make My Difference.
- Education is The Path to Freedom, And Today I Will Walk That Path With Confidence.
- I Value My Education Because It Prepares Me For a Bright And Successful Future
- I Am Always Open To Learning in a Better Way
- A Chance To Learn is a Chance To Grow. I Am Growing
- Some Days our Progress Is Small But our Learning Is Much
- I Choose To Move Forward Every Day , Growing And Learning As I Go
- I Set High Standards For My Educational Experience And I Achieve Them
- I Am Smart And Today I Prove It
- Learning is Life, I love Learning And I Am Good at It
- The More I Learn The More I Achieve
- I Am And Being a Student is All About The Possible
Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.