Above is a visual representation of a huge movement in the schools called the “Growth Mindset”.
Angela Duckworth takes this concept a bit further focusing on GRIT in her TED talk below.
- Book Reading List:
- How Children Succeed: Grit, Curiousity, and the Hidden Power of Character by Paul Tough
- David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants by Malcom Gladwell
- Performance Values Position Paper (PDF) by Character Education Partnership
- Trend Reading:
- KIPP’s Character Report Card
- Promoting Grit, Tenacity, and Perseverance: Critical Factors for Success in the 21st Century (PDF) by the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Educational Technology