Our Central Coast has been hit with major fires. Many families have been displaced and are in crisis. The California Association of School Psychologist has published a variety of resources to support our families.
Resources for Natural Disasters
CASP would like to extend our thoughts and support for the victims of the state’s most recent wildfires. Below are resources from the National Association of School Psychologists and a video of a presentation made at CASP’s Spring Institute held by Santa Rosa Schools Assistant Superintendent Stephen Mizera, Principal Ed Navarro, School Counselor Robin Wilkins, Restorative Specialist Briana Seely-Clark and School Psychologists Angela Bonner and Matthew Park. We hope this information may help as schools and communities come back together to rebuild.
- Wildfires, Families and Educators
- Wildfires, Parents, and Caregivers (Spanish)
- New Schools for Students With Disabilities- Tips for Relocated Families
- Natural Disasters and Relocated Students With Special Needs- Recommendations for Receiving Schools
- Large-scale Disasters (Spanish)
- Helping Children After a Natural Disaster Infographic
- Helping Children After a Natural Disaster Information