BVSD Universal Screeners for Elementary Math
|The BVSD Universal Screeners for Elementary Mathematics are a set of number sense assessments. The series consists of fall interview assessments for kindergarten through fifth grade, and mid-year and spring assessments for grades k – 4 that combine an interview with paper and pencil tasks.|
The information that teachers, schools, and districts gathered from these Screeners is intended to provide formative assessment information and:
1. Alert teachers to students at risk of struggling and who would benefit from additional, diagnostic assessment and intervention.
2. Help teachers with to form a strategic grouping of struggling students
3. Inform RtI Tiers 1 and 2. Are there skills and concepts will need to be retaught to the whole class? Which prerequisite skills and concepts that will need to be addressed quickly?
4. Inform district-level professional development and planning. How do our students perform on these assessments? Where skills do our students show more success in? Are there skills and concepts where they seem to struggle? How do we intervene for students who need additional support? Etc.
5. Alert districts regarding concentrations of struggling students. How can we compensate proactively to respond to those concentrations?